IMO fatal flaws — OrchestraOne practice management for therapists
OrchestraOne touts a flat $20/month cost but (literally) hides huge extra costs on their pricing page that makes it 10x - 20x more expensive even for modest practices. Their “3% for payment processing and $5 per insurance claim submission” is not unreasonable, but it IS (literally) hidden on their Pricing page in a way that I consider outright misleading. see for yourself I assumed it was an oversight, but a month later they still hide that pricing on their pricing page.
- No self-pay under client control. Hard to believe, but they don’t support clients managing their own credit card info.
In order for a client to make a copayment via credit card, the client must give you their card info to store, then you have to initiate the charge. Better systems provide a way (such as base don Stripe Checkout) that lets the client click a link, enter their payment info for that one transaction, and optionally store the info at Stripe for next time.)
Literally zero support for any kind of group sessions, much less the full ability to book arbitrary client for a Tuesday night drop-in support groups.
No data export feature. They say it is coming, but a database-centric product without data export on Day One is a red flag.
- Feature-poor. It’s a young product, with IMO far too many shortcomings to be viable for a real practice. Their feature requests page includes such basics as:
- no support for patient intake/history forms in client portal
- no ability to sign notes
- no ability for patient to opt out of SMS reminders
- no ability for clients to upload docs to their portal (prior lab results for example)
- no client search by phone or email