When evaluating practice management software for therapists, Theranest www.theranest.com gets thumbs down for the following reason:
- Holds your data hostage. If you decide to use Theranest a while, they seem to want to make it as painful as possible to take your marbles (data) if you close your account.
- Will not export client notes as text. (A printout or PDF is useless when it comes time to import data into a new system. And you know that Theranest knows that.)
- Will not export client session history as text, not even just dates of past or future sessions.
- Will not export client payments as text.
- Literally impossible to schedule support group meetings where the attendees change from meeting to meeting.
Whether or not support group scheduling is important to your practice, as a matter of principle and practicality you should, in my opinion. reject ANY application that doe snot offer complete data portability.